Skip to main content

A quick and simple DIY.

Last year my sister came to visit and gave me this cute envelope holder decor. I love it, but when I was going to hang it up, I noticed a lot of pieces that were hung were brown, bronze and just dark. 😳😂

Basically, something about it had to give. I didn't want to spend too much time with this make-over, and I wanted to make sure that if I changed my mind that I'd have no problem changing it out. 😊

I went through some scrap paper I had on hand and grabbed my double sided tape. 


I forgot to take a photo of me tracing the outline of the envelope to the paper, but it was right side up. It could be traced either ways, but I find it saves me some time and, at times stress from having to trim around the edges if the sides aren't the same. I cut the paper. make sure it fits then add double sided tape 



I didn't really want to make it permanent, bc I might change it out later, but I might distress the edges a bit. I find it easier to file the sides with a small nail file that you can get from the Dollar Store. 

 

I love the way it came out! I plan on use it as my inbox for my girls to turn in their class assignments.  I'm sure they will appreciate the fact that I did this only because I was thinking of them. Ha - but probably not. 


Until next time - Happy Crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life handing out lemons .... (Made from cardboard boxes)

  Hi there!  This sign is fun and so cute. I did this using cardboard boxes from deliveries.  I'm not sure why, but I sure do love using cardboard boxes. Maybe it's because I love the way the sides look and I love how light it is. Best of all, I love how easy it is to work with. I love it all!  Well, here it is . . .  Materials used: cardboard boxes, Apple Barrel acrylic paint & some glue. I know this was short and sweet but I hope you have enjoyed.  Until next time    -Maddie  #iplaywithfire  #lasermade  #glowforge  #cardboardboxes  #lifehandingoutlemons  #applebarrel

Redoing Ceramic Garden Mushrooms

Hello! I have decided to redo this cute ceramic garden mushroom. It was hanging out in my front yard for a few years, but it's slowly not looking so great. Not one white spot left on any of the mushrooms. It was time for it to go.  Since this piece was outside, it was subject to a lot of the outdoor elements.  This means it needed a good cleaning. May I also suggest doing that outside. I didn't and yeah, I should have. 😉 Next, I wiped this down with some rubbing alcohol so that I could add a coat of gesso by Liquitex.  Side note: This one bottle has definitely seen better days. 😂 For now, I have decided to just redo the top portion of the mushrooms. I could always go back and do the bottom portion if I change my mind. So for now, just the mushroom tops are being gesso-ed and prepped for paint. 😊   This is it before being sealed. To get these colors, I mixed paints I had on hand. I'm trying to use up some of my older paints so this just works for me right now. 😅  Many co

Happy Halloween

A day late but still, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I used my laser to make this Addams Family Porch sign that I got from a blog, agirlandagluegun.com (click  here ). Check her out - her tutorial includes a free cut file!  Here is the side profile. I'm not sure if you can see the engraving. I used 1/8" MDF and this one measures approx. 11.5 x 16. I used my passthrough on my Glowforge to do this size. I love that I have the option to make bigger projects when I want. Other materials I used was primer, acrylic paint,  and some acrylic glitter paint. I love the way it turned out and can't wait to use it again next year . . . or I might just leave it up in my studio. 😳😂 There are many seasons going on in my space right now, and it drives my kids crazy, so I leave it. 😂 I've been working on some Christmas items and I plan to have a post in the up coming days. Make sure you subscribe to this blog if you'd like to stay in the loop.  Don't forget you can now find me on Instagram