Skip to main content

Gold Leafing a Boutonniere

 

It was my first time to do a boutonniere and I thought I would try adding some gold leaf foil to a few roses and see how they turned out. They came out very nice, I thought. 



Some Supplies used: 

 

Add the adhesive where you want. You can put as much or little as you'd like. 
I was going for a bit of a drip on one of them. 



I played around adding some gold leaf foil to a few leaves.




 It was a big rose and a rather heavy one at that, so I decided to just do the one and leave the other rose out. It would have been too bulky. Using some floral tape, floral wire and some hot glue I put the boutonniere together. For a soft more vintage look I added some vintage lace I had on hand and finished it off with some ribbon.


 

This boutonniere was a hit and it was a fun piece to do. 

Thanks for popping in,
Maddie





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Ghost - Tic Tac Toe Game

  What a fun classic game - Never gets old. This cute ghost game set can travel with you, or help time pass if you are waiting for an appointment with your special ones. Because come on, who doesn't love to play tic tac toe and silently compete? 😂  Using my Glowforge laser, this cute ghost was cut and engraved on baltic birch wood. Acrylic was used for the games pieces (ghosts/pumpkins).  The ghost is  approximately 5.12 w x 6.5 h.   If you are interested in one, you can find it by clicking on this link:   https://square.link/u/c8P7PpVi  -or- by clicking on the SHOP tab listed above.  Until next time, Maddie

Life handing out lemons .... (Made from cardboard boxes)

  Hi there!  This sign is fun and so cute. I did this using cardboard boxes from deliveries.  I'm not sure why, but I sure do love using cardboard boxes. Maybe it's because I love the way the sides look and I love how light it is. Best of all, I love how easy it is to work with. I love it all!  Well, here it is . . .  Materials used: cardboard boxes, Apple Barrel acrylic paint & some glue. I know this was short and sweet but I hope you have enjoyed.  Until next time    -Maddie  #iplaywithfire  #lasermade  #glowforge  #cardboardboxes  #lifehandingoutlemons  #applebarrel

Revisiting an older DIY post.

UPDATE: To an older DIY and post.   I had added some paper to the inside of this cute metal envelope holder. You can find that post here:  https://maddiemarrs.blogspot.com/2020/08/a-quick-and-simple-diy.html . Although it came out cute, something was off Something about the bronze was just not hitting me the way the way I wanted it to, so, I decided to paint it white - and now, I love it! You can see that in this photo I had already done a light sanding. I used white gesso for this project.  Lots and lots of gesso.  😅 Oh my gosh, since it's metal, I can add magnets! How fun! I am going to leave it as is, but it would look great distressed. For now this will be on our mantel as part of our Valentine display. Afterwards, it will probably be hung in my studio and hold some yarn. I do love this, it screams happy. Until next time, Maddie